San Pietro Museum
Civic and Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art
The museum is housed in the premises of the San Pietro Conservatory in Via Gracco del Secco 102.
The museum traces the history of the city of Colle through the main arts between religiosity and civic ambition typical of medieval municipalities, culminating in 1592 with the elevation to the city, following the establishment of the Episcopal Chair.
On the first floor there are works of sacred art that describe the path of faith in Valdelsa from the origins to the birth of the Diocese of Colle. The itinerary continues with rooms dedicated to the civic collections of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries with works by painters from Colle such as Antonio Salvetti and Walter Fusi.
The itinerary ends with the collections of Walter Fusi and Romano Bilenchi, one of the most important Italian writers, scholars and intellectuals of the second post-war period, in which a selected selection of the rich library of the writer with works by Ottone Rosai, Moses Levy and Mino Maccari.